Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesday Woes

Well, readers;
My life has been a whirl-wind of issues lately.  I was hit head on by several painful issues.  My grandmother had a heart attack a few weeks ago.  I have not seen her much and feel really bad.  Then my cousin's husband was killed in a car crash.  He lives in La Pine, not to far from Bend, which is good because my parent's are over with my grandma now and will be able to see my cousin (separate sides of the family) since I can't go.  I don't think that my presence is that important, she would hardly know I am there and we are going over in August.  Then, to top it all off, the "school district" has decided to cut some of the music program at the middle school level.  Music has been a part of my family's life since before I was born.  It gets personal...

So, what do we need to do when life is getting us down?  Take the advice of the Flylady..."Shine your sink!"  I shined my sink the other night and the next day I felt like getting a load of laundry done.  Today, more shining of the sinks and getting dressed to shoes.  I put in a load of wash, too.  Not to mention getting back to my blog.  One of my big things is keeping my dining table clean.  If it isn't done, I feel CHAOS approaching.

Now that we have basics kept up, we can always slack a little in the other things.

 Sorry if this seams like a lot to read.  Here are a couple inspirational stories I got from Godvine this week;


How to Stay Young
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age. It's just a number, so don't worry about it.

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves (and GOD). Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER...
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

For all who are burdened and heavy laden, I will give you rest

The Little Things
As you might know, the head of a major company survived the tragedy of "9/11" in New York because his son started kindergarten.

Another fellow was alive because it was his turn to bring donuts.

One woman was late because her alarm clock didn't go off in time.

One was late because of being stuck on the NJ Turnpike because of an auto accident.

One of them missed his bus.

One spilled food on her clothes and had to take time to change.

One's car wouldn't start.

One went back to answer the telephone.

One had a child that dawdled and didn't get ready as soon as he should have.

One couldn't get a taxi.

The one that struck me was the man who put on a new pair of shoes that morning, took the various means to get to work but before he got there, he developed a blister on his foot.

He stopped at a drugstore to buy a Band-Aid. That is why he is alive today.

Now when I am stuck in traffic...
miss an elevator...
turn back to answer a ringing telephone...
all the little things that annoy me...
I think to myself...
this is exactly where God wants me to be at this very moment.

The next time your morning seems to be going wrong,
the children are slow getting dressed,
you can't seem to find the car keys,
you hit every traffic light...
don't get mad or frustrated;
God is at work watching over you.

May God continue to bless you with all those annoying little things - and may you remember and appreciate their possible purpose.

3 comments:

Val said...

Glad you are back up, writing and doing routines. Thanks for the encouragement for all of us to do the same.

hvnlymusic said...

thanks Val! much appreciated

Hayes said...

This really encouraged me! Thank you! Glad you are back 'up and at em'. x