Friday, May 27, 2011

Strength...

So I usually have a lot of things that I can inspire people with, at least that is what I have been told (thank you) But this time I really don't.  It has been a long time since I have written, but I want to connect with my friends.  I will start with my good points.

I have been keeping my sink shined and I started working on the laundry again.  I think it was Monday, maybe Tuesday that I did my home blessing hour.  I did it all, except for dusting, but that made it so that when we had company today, I was feeling good about not doing a major overhaul of the house.  I just shined the sink, and cleaned one room, and get boys clean theirs (always a good excuse to get the kids to clean)

Most of the time, I have been trying to find a job.  I had an interview yesterday, and will find out about it early in the week.  I will let you know.  I have had time to get the work done, and if I get a job, I will have to adjust my schedule.  What a nice thing to have to do.

Anyhow, my family is not doing well.  On my mother's side, my cousin's husband was in a fatal car crash.  The funeral was during a time when my husband's family had a get together that was scheduled a long time ago.  Family will be leaving in June, and we needed to be there.  We had a great time, though.

On my father's side, my grandma had a heart attack and was doing pretty well.  Then I found out that my uncle has melanoma cancer.  His procedure will be June 8th.  Then I heard my grandma is getting weaker.  

Got a call this evening from my mom tonight telling me that I should come see her in Bend.  Living on the other side of the mountains, I have a hard time finding the time to do so.  When I talked to my level-headed aunt and brother, I concluded that I will be going over on Friday sometime of the 10th.  I will stay there for the weekend until my parents come back that Sunday.  This is providing things are going as well as my aunt thinks she is.  When she eats, she does well, when she doesn't, she is weak and unable to function.  Please pray that she will continue to coast through to at least the middle of the month.  One last visit would be a blessing.

But I just read a little piece that made me realize what my journey is all about.  I forget this a lot.  I have been hurt by friends and learned this, I have turned away from God and learned this.  I have been in dark, lonely times and learned this.  I have even cheated death and learned this but never have I remembered it during those heart wrenching times:  "God has a plan with all He is doing."  Wow.  seems so trivial.  Here is an example;

  The Teacup
There was a couple who used to go to England to shop in the beautiful stores. They both liked antiques and pottery and especially teacups. This was their twenty-fifth wedding anniversary.

One day in this beautiful shop they saw a beautiful cup. They said, "May we see that? We've never seen one quite so beautiful."

As the lady handed it to them, suddenly the cup spoke. "You don't understand," it said. "I haven't always been a teacup. There was a time when I was red and I was clay. My master took me and rolled me and patted me over and over andI yelled out, 'let me alone,' but he only smiled, 'Not yet.'

"Then I was placed on a spinning wheel," the cup said,"and suddenly I was spun around and around and around. Stop it! I'm getting dizzy! I screamed. But the master only nodded and said, 'Not yet.'

"Then he put me in the oven. I never felt such heat!" the teacup said. "I wondered why he wanted to burn me, and I yelled and knocked at the door. I could see him through the opening and I could read his lips as He shook his head, 'Not yet.'

"Finally the door opened, he put me on the shelf, and I began to cool. 'There, that's better,' I said. And he brushed and painted me all over. The fumes were horrible. I thought I would gag.'Stop it, stop it!' I cried. He only nodded, 'Not yet.'

"Then suddenly he put me back into the oven, not like the first one. This was twice as hot and I knew I would suffocate.I begged. I pleaded. I screamed. I cried. All the time I could see him through the opening, nodding his head saying, 'Not yet.'

"Then I knew there wasn't any hope. I would never make it. I was ready to give up. But the door opened and he took me out and placed me on the shelf.

One hour later he handed me a mirror and said, 'Look at yourself.' And I did. I said, 'That's not me; that couldn't be me. It's beautiful. I'm beautiful.'

"'I want you to remember, then,' he said, 'I know it hurts to be rolled and patted, but if I had left you alone, you'd have dried up.

I know it made you dizzy to spin around on the wheel,but if I had stopped, you would have crumbled.

I knew it hurt and was hot and disagreeable in the oven,but if I hadn't put you there, you would have cracked.

I know the fumes were bad when I brushed and painted you all over, but if I hadn't done that, you never would have hardened;you would not have had any color in your life.

And if I hadn't put you back in that second oven, you wouldn't survive for very long because the hardness would not have held.

Now you are a finished product.You are what I had in mind when I first began with you.'"

~ Author Unknown

Remember, God is the potter and we are His clay. He knows what He is doing with us even when we don't think there could possibly be a plan. Keep the faith and know that you are being shaped according to His will.

We as His children have to remember that he has the best laid plan for us.  Let us not forget that in our "storm" He is with us and will never let go.

God Bless you all;
Amy

No comments: