Friday, May 27, 2011

Job Interview...

I stated this a little earlier, but it bares repeating.  I had a job interview this past week!!  I could hardly contain myself.  I have been into the local pet store (chain) quite a few times.  I had put in applications several times, and I thought it might be a good day 2 weeks ago to ask about the possibilities of any openings.  The manager was at another til and said that he would be interviewing in the next week or so.  I went straight home and checked up on the status of my online application.  I then went down the next day and met with the same manager to let him know that I had updated it.  I didn't get a call the rest of the week, so when Wednesday of the next week came around, I went in and checked with him again.  He was just going through applications.  He asked if I could come in the very next day for an interview.

When I did, it went absolutely wonderful.  I was very excited.  I felt like I was just chatting with a friend.  From the moment we met that day to the end of our conversation, I was not uncomfortable.  This is a blessing, considering I have not had an interview in over 10 years.  But what are the odds that I would get the first job I interviewed with in such a long time?  I won't know until the beginning of the week.

As for my family;  I will go over around the 10th, I hope.  My uncle said that he or my cousin would be willing to come and get me to visit.  I would like that time so that I can come back with my parents.  Let's just pray that Grandma is doing well until then.  We were going to go over to see her in August, but she may not last that long.

I just wanted to add a little bit today.  Hope you all are well and keep your sink shined...it helps to wake up to a shiny outlook!

1 comment:

FlyBaby Carrie said...

Prayers for you that you get the job! Also for your Grandmother! (Hugs from a fellow FlyBaby!)