Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tuesday's Lessonse

Just a little note today. I have had a great deal of progress that was made today. I was up early, got my bed made, swish and swipe, sinks cleaned and my Bible study all before 9am... Pretty good for a person that has had trouble getting going.

I promised you all that I would post every day. I think I missed posting last night. For some reason I also didn't get the pics loaded. I need a bit of organization for this. I have a vision for this, but it hasn't come to be yet. Now that I have that out...

I did 5 loads of laundry today! Woo hoo! I got most things done on my list.

Mary and Martha

The bible lesson for today; Mary and Martha when Jesus went to speak in her home with the
disciples. Mary sat at His feet while Martha did all the cooking and tending in the home. Martha
Complained the the Lord Jesus, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work
by myself? Tell her to help me!" Jesus answered her, "Martha, Martha, You are worried and
upset about manhy things, bu only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it
will not be taken away from her."

Mary chose to spend the time listening to the teachings of Christ, while Martha did all the work.
The issue here is not to misinterpret what is being said here. Christ is not telling Martha that she
should be at His feet, nor is He saying that her work should not be done. He is saying that we all
have our jobs that we are good at.

In today's society we feel we need to do it all. We are to be the nurturers by God's design. He
wants us to take care of our home and children. He is not saying that we should not work out of
the home. He is saying that we need to provide anyway that we can. There are single moms,
and families that can not possibly work on just one income. We are not perfect, we are not Super
Woman who can do it all and expect to have it all together. Keep this in mind as you go through the
day.

See, I have not been able to do everything on my list as well as take care of the kids, husband and
myself. One thing I learned when dealing with my depression; which is now being diagnosed as sub-
bipolar is that I need to do something for myself each day. I need down time, and just because there
is a list of things to do, does not mean I have failed if I don't do it all.

But I still need to remind myself of this on a daily basis.

Now, I will go do my BBR, and get myself to bed at a good time. I have decided to cut out the swish and
swipe for the evening because it gets me hyped up. I think I will be ok, because dh, has said that he
doesn't like the smell of the products when he comes home. Also the house is cleaned at least once
a day.

I hope your day has and will be (depending on your time zone) a good time!

God Bless;
Amy

No comments: