Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thursday Thoughts





This has been a really great day! I got all my work done before my youngest son left for school. He helped me to clean off the top of my fridge, and to clean off the front of it. I also cleaned the top of the microwave, which has a tendency to become a hot spot. Laundry has been done, and so I really didn't have a load to do. Tomorrow, I do have some to do. My morning routine has become quite quick, but not a habit yet. Here it is;

Get up FLYing!
Make Bed
Wake up ds9
Get dressed, brush teeth and wash face
Load of Laundry
Take meds
Eat
Coffee (which without, this day could not be possible)
Shine sinks, swish and swipe
Read Bible
Zone time!

I have 3x5 cards with my schedule on it. I have a file that I take it from in my BBR. I have yet to get too into the Zones. I am making that my goal for 2 weeks from now. I should have said that my goal for these 2 weeks is to stay up after my kids go to school. Twice a week I get up with ds11. I don't the other days, because it is good for dh to spend with his son. Being as he works swing shift, I try to stay out of as much as I can. When he is tired, though I try to help out a little more.

So, as I said, I got a lot of stuff cleaned in my kitchen...



The fridge was the biggest task. The top had a bunch of plastic food containers on it, plus Christmas cards that we had left over, and papers that got collected. There were a lot of magnets on the doors and sides that were old, the alphabet ones...and the words on little magnets that make words. Zac and I tossed them all. Now we just have our collection of trip magnets.

Psalm 86

Teach me your way, oh Lord,
and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.
I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my
heart;
I will glorify your name forever.
For great is your love toward me;
You have delivered me from the depths of the grave.

On May 3rd, a very special member of our church lost her just two year battle with cancer. She was just 22. We think that is such a short life, that it is such a terrible waist. God has a different view.

When I was a baby, I had a birth defect that caused water to collect on my brain. (I know the name, I just can't spell it and the spell check gets it wrong every time) I went in for surgery, I was only 6 months old; one to take off a cyst, and another to put in a shunt. My mother was terrified. A nurse in the children's unit gave her a book written by Dale Rogers. She and Roy had a baby girl and she only lived 2 years. The book came from the point of view of the little girl going back to Jesus and telling Him that she didn't understand why they were so sad, and why they didn't seem to enjoy the time that she was with them. She knew her purpose, and she didn't know why they didn't. It was a help to my mom.

Our purpose in life is to learn to love Him. We are just borrowing our kids, did you know that? The angels gave them to us to teach them right from wrong. We also need to teach them good values and morals. This starts with a deep relationship with Christ. He is my best friend. The closer I get to Him, the better my life is. I feel so blessed to have Him in my life, I pray that He is for you.

God Bless;
Amy

1 comment:

Maaike Quinn @ Life with FlyLady said...

Hi there! Thanks for this post, I love to see pictures from other FlyBabies :D

By the way, I am working on a list of blogs about FlyLady. I'd love to have your blog on there too! In case you're interested, you can find the list here:

Add your blog by clicking here!

Simply hit the 'Add your link' button at the end of the post and follow the instructions.

Bye!