Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday...Finally!



Well, today was a day I really was glad that I have been keeping up on the housework. My ds9 is having a friend spend the night. Usually dh gets upset when I say this, but I have been doing what I needed to. I just had to finish with the day's work, and I was ready for him to come.

Todays tasks included my morning routine, and getting the zone days that I have missed this week. I did all of them I needed to in increments of about 15 minutes. Why I don't set a timer, I will never understand, but I can usually get more done if I am ambitious.

Have you ever felt like you just could not get motivated? I was this way from the minute I got up. I am trying to figure out where I can put a motivational poster as I first open my eyes. I feel like I can do it more. I did, however, get motivated by knowing I had to do my blog. I did my bed very first, and that reminded me of my 2-week goal to get up and stay up after my kids go to school. I have done it 5 days in a row now!

As I said before, I did my MR, and then I did a day at a time of the zone cleaning. Here is my results;


Doing Work
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as if working for the Lord, not men." Col 3:23

I think of this verse frequently. In fact this comes in handy when you have the blahs and you feel like procrastinating. God created the universe, He created us. We can rest in the fact that He loves us and deserves the best of our lives, our work. "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Phil. 4:13. This is another inspirational verse that helps me when I just don't feel the strength to get through something.

God bless you all;
Amy

2 comments:

Saundra said...

i love that scripture from col. i can never remember where to find it lol, but good for you doing your work. :)

Anonymous said...

Testing comment..cool house! -Flybaby Love